Kitchen Adventures




Returning from an indulgent wedding weekend, I decided to take Experimental Mondays down a notch and roast a variety of autumnal vegetables.  One of the halves of the spaghetti squash is full of bits of brussels sprouts, pear, garlic, onion, rosemary, salt, and pepper.  The other half is similar but with baby broccoli, parsnip, garlic, onion, sage, salt, and pepper.  Oh, and butter.  Maybe not even enough butter, though.  The corn's preparation was just to basically stick it in the oven whole.  I could have soaked it in water first, but I didn't want to steam the kernels so much as get the temperature to a point where the starches start to caramelize.  I don't think I really got there, but it was a valiant effort.  For desert I toasted some leftover pumpkin seeds in honey and salt.  I would definitely make this again.  The spaghetti squash in is of notable usefulness since as your fork digs into the filling, it slowly scrapes away the squash' flesh (which looks like noodles, as you can see).  On the other hand, it did take a fucking hour and a half.

0 Comments:

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP