Kitchen Adventures: Jersey Shore


In commemoration (adoration?) of MTV's new and surely soon-to-be cult realty TV sensation, Jersey Shore, Eats Meats West is preparing what is plausibly its most straightforward dish yet: "sausage and peppers."  

As MTV seems to have yet post an official recipe (bitch), I can only glean the components and preparation.  Or perhaps these two are one in the same, and that's it. 

I can't recall if it was "The Situation," "Paulie," or one of the other two muscle dudes who cooked said dish, but whoever did certainly deserves credit.  I mean, I've personally never heard of it, but it's genius.  Is it a side?  They seem to share it communally as a full meal.  On the other hand, they also have a couch on the roof and contract pink eye in the second episode.

In my mind I kept saying to myself, "sure they added something other than just sausage and peppers," and with this assumption I've included the following:

garlic
olive oil
salt
pepper
cipollini onions
herbs de Provence

Granted, the spice mix is decidedly French, and the case probably didn't have cipollini onions available.  And, OK so I used chicken andouille sausage again, but let's not dwell on the authenticity of this.  A girl's got to clean her fridge somehow. 

But given the fact that the show is so trashy that not 1, not 2, but 10 catch phrases were generated in the course of only two episodes yet they were able to find fresh produce - I feel justified in taking a few liberties.

0 Comments:

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP